You might be thinking – What kind of hacks could there be for candles? Don’t you just light it and make sure you don’t burn the house down? While candle safety is of the utmost importance, this list is for candle lovers who know there’s always a better way to do everything.
Tip #1 – Get yourself a beautifully fragrant soy candle!
- Trimming your wick to 1/4 inch between burns will reduce the size of your flame which will make your candle burn more slowly and last longer.
- Trimming your candle wick to 1/4 inch between burns will reduce soot and wick “mushrooming,” creating a cleaner burn.
- Candles will burn longer and drip less if placed in a freezer for an hour before burning.
- Don’t burn your fingers trying to light a candle that is hard-to-reach, instead, light up a piece of spaghetti and use it to light the candle.
- If your candle starts to make a “tunnel” (middle is lower than sides), use a hairdryer to heat the side wax until the candle is even.
- Need more light from your candle? Place the candle next to a mirror to reflect double the light.
- If it feels like the candle is losing some of its fragrance, wait until the candle is cool and use a plastic spoon to scrape off a thin layer of wax from the top.
- Reuse your Bath, Body, Candle Moments candle jar by scraping out the wick at the bottom. After a thorough and sanitized washing (1 part bleach to 5 parts water and absolutely no residue), the glass can be used as a drinking glass, a mini-planter, a pen/pencil holder, and more.
- To clean up spilled soy wax, use a hairdryer to make the wax liquid again, then use a cleaning wipe to wipe it right off.
- Extinguish a candle with a snuffer for hardly any smoke. No snuffer? Use a pot cover.
- Feeling stressed? Watching the flame of a candle and breathing in the fragrance for 15 minutes can calm your mind and relieve tension.
Have any other tips or tricks for candle lovers? We can’t wait to hear it!