Let’s face it – your face is your first passage into the world. It’s your place of expression, your main feature, the first place you (and everyone else) looks! But unlike the rest of your body, the skin on your face is much different, with far more needs.
We all have different skin types, and each skin type has different needs, but what if you are the person that has combination skin? What if you have dry skin in the winter, and oily skin in the summer? What if you have sensitive skin under certain conditions, and normal skin under others? Do you need to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on different products?
Absolutely not. That’s where Evanescence comes in.
The creation of Evanescence was inspired by my skin’s fickleness. I have dry skin on my cheeks, oily on my nose, random break-outs, and am starting to see the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I searched the world, and did immense research, before deciding on the ideal oils to create this serum. I wanted something that would be vegan, dry and quick-absorbing, would be non-comedogenic, something that smelled wonderful, and something to address my problem areas. I wanted it to be oil-based, because despite the fear of oil, oil actually BALANCES your skin (it just has to be the right oils).
Evanescence is created with:
- Grapeseed oil is made from the seeds of wine producing grapes. The lightest of oils and virtually odorless, it contains vitamins, minerals, high in polyunsaturates and protein. Grapeseed oil is wonderful when used around the eyes and neck.
- Jojoba oil may be one of nature’s greatest gifts to skin. Non-comedogenic with a light, silky texture, jojoba oil is perfect for delicate skin around the eyes and face. Jojoba oil is a unique oil known for its long chain monosaturated wax esters, making it ideal for cosmetic wear.
- Organic Argan oil, with it high content of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamin E, the benefits of argan oil naturally help revitalize skin, increasing moisture. It’s a powerful UV-protector and free-radical neutralizer.
- Rosehip Seed oil contains unique liposoluble carotenoids, flavonoids and other liposoluble antioxidants beneficial for skin. Rose hip oil is a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and is a dry, quick-absorbing oil.
- Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oils provide extra sensitive support for sensitive skin. Lavender & Chamomile provide a calming, soothing, balancing experience, especially those with troubled skin needs.
- Frankincense Essential Oil is said to tone and lift skin, as well as has astringent properties.
- Rose Essential Oil is an extremely luxurious addition to the product. Not only does it create an alluring, exotic, and delightful scent, but it provides a toning and lifting appearance in skin.
*Please note, prior to 100116, batches of Evanescence used Tea Tree Essential Oil. We have since redeveloped our formula to replace Tea Tree with Frankincense.
Overall, Evanescence was created to enhance your natural beauty by moisturizing, nourishing, and loving your skin. You’ll adore the balanced and youthful glow your skin will have, and the soft, silky texture of your face.
How to Use Evanescence:
- At night: Cleanse face with a natural, and gentle cleanser. (We recommend the Balance Soap or Purely Free Vegan Soap.)
- Gently pat-dry your face.
- Start with one-to-two drops of Evanescence serum, and gently rub, with fingertips, into your face in slow, circular motions until fully absorbed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- My skin feels greasy?
- If your skin feels greasy after using Evanescence, you’re using too much! Start with one-to-two drops, and gently rub into skin until absorbed.
- My skin still feels dry?
- Your skin may require a little more serum. Start by adding one additional drop at a time.
- How long will the bottle last?
- The 1mL bottle is meant only as a tester, and is good for about two-to-three uses. The 2oz bottle should last for approximately three months with consistent use.
- How often should I apply?
- You can apply the serum up to twice a day, but we recommend once at night, before bed.
- Can I wear Evanescence under make-up?
- Yes, you can, but we recommend you use less than usual, or only on trouble spots.
As always, if you have any questions, we’re happy to answer them! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
*Rose and Frankincense essential oils have been added, and Tea Tree essential oil has been eliminated to the formulation since production of this video.