I love Greek tzatziki sauce, but it’s difficult to find unless you’re in a Greek restaurant or diner. Plus, you don’t really know how healthy their version is (but it’s usually not terribly bad, no matter where you are). As a solution, I have created my own. I love throwing it over fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, or using it as a dip for fresh veggies in general. Enjoy!
- 2 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt, pour in mixing bowl
- 2/3 cup(s) fat free sour cream, pour in mixing bowl
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced, pour in mixing bowl
- 2 Tbsp dried dill weed, pour in mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), grated, dried out, pour in mixing bowl
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, pour in mixing bowl
- 1 item(s) lemon(s), squeezed, pour in mixing bowl
- Grate cucumber directly into mixing bowl. Use paper towels to absorb as much water out of the cucumber as possible. Mince garlic, and place it into the bowl. Pour sour cream, yogurt, dill, lemon juice, and olive oil in bowl. Mix well and let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.