A Candle By Any Other Name…would not be nearly as much fun as naming them after moments! Here’s a brief list of our most questioned candles’ names and the inspiration behind them!
- Quiet Kids – This delicious candy-cane/peppermint candle was inspired by the history of Candy Canes! Did you know that the reason Candy Canes were invented was because in the 17th century, children would talk too much during the long holiday sermons, so parents would give their kids mint-sticks (which later evolved into the hook shape cane), so they would be quiet? Pretty cool (and smart moves from Mom & Dad!)
- Road Rage – We have a theory that half of the morning driving rage comes from a lack of caffeine, so we decided to name our coffee-inspired candle Road Rage…to ease the rage.
- Reindeer Farts – Yet another one of our theories…we imagined that if we happened to run into Santa, and perhaps he was sharing too many cookies with his reindeer, then their farts would smell like…well, holiday cookies, of course!
- Oh Fudge! – One of our favorite holiday movies of all time is A Christmas Story. And we especially love the part where Ralphie accidentally spews out the wrong “F” word, but it comes through in the movie as “OH FUDGE!” So, this candle is our homage to chocolate fudge brownies and Ralphie’s indiscretions.
- Sophisticated Indulgence – We were thinking about what wonderful moments we appreciate as adults, and we couldn’t help but think of curling up with a book, a delicious glass of red wine, and a perfect piece of chocolate. And so, combining the scents of raspberry jam, patchouli, and chocolate, we’ve embodied a “sophisticated” indulgence.
- It’s 5:00 Somewhere – Really funny story to this one. As a teacher (as well as candle-master), I try to get into school no matter how sick I’m feeling. Well, one day, I was really sick and just took a swig out of my cold medicine bottle. One of my high school senior students made the comment, as he saw me take the swig from my anti-flu-relief-in-a-bottle and said, “Well, it’s 5:00 somewhere!” I thought it was hilarious, and it inspired both of us to make this pina-colada flavored candle! (Which we agreed smells much more like 5:00 than cold medicine does!)
- Unstressed – Both Chamomile and Lavender have proven properties to create a calming effect, and we thought the best time to feel calm is when we’re completely stressed. So we named the candle “Unstressed,” because that’s exactly how you’ll feel after you take a long, deep whiff.
- Life’s a Beach – Let’s face it, sometimes Life really is a ….Beach! So, combining the idea of life being tough, and the best way to combat it, with the scent of sunscreen and ocean, we came up with Life’s a Beach.
- Clean Drawers – Smelling like a fresh dryer sheet, we thought the only way we could get this message across was by showing how much we love it when our drawers are clean through the power of pun.
- Got Wood? – Being completely honest here, we couldn’t help but appreciate the perfectly whimsical, albeit mildly outlandish, pun associated with a candle that smells exactly like burning fire wood.
That’s our top ten! If you would like to know how we came up with the names of any of our other “moments,” please comment below. For sure, we’ll have some chuckles to share with you.